Saturday, May 5, 2012

Stamp, Scrap and Doodle Saturday Challenge-Ribbon and Bows

It's Time for another Challenge at Stamp, Scrap and Doodle Saturdays
 This week's challenge is "Ribbon and Bows." 
Our Challenge Sponsor is Circle B Enterprises
The winner will receive a $10 gift cerficate to Veronica's Scrapbooking Store!!


The Story:
I love Bows!!A sweet teenager I know from back home is an amazing dancer.  She recently won platinum all the way around at her competition.  Miss Maggie had also had some beautiful pictures taken of her and I used it as my inspiration for the card I made for her.


 

 
Project How To's:

 
Circle Surrounding Digi- I cut out an aqua blue Circle, I then punched holes with a pin.  I threaded ribbon in and out of the holes to give it a whimsical feel.  It still needed some "Pop" so I added black jewels with hot glue.  I liked the look of the glue surrounding the jewels in almost a water drop look!  I adhered the digi to the center for a beautiful finish!!
 
Digi- I love this little digi.  It is one of my first full price paid for digi's lol but it was positively perfect!  It reminded me of Miss Maggie so much.  Since the challenge is ribbon and bows I added teeny tinny bows to her ballet slippers and her golden hair.  When I say Teeny Tiny I mean just that these are about 1/4inch, if that!  I added glitter to the white shirt and the white flowers in her hair.  She looks just like Miss Maggie don't ya think?

Side Embellishments- For the side embellishments.  I layered a ribbon strip.  Added 2 aqua blue Mini bows and 2 cute little blue stars. 

  As a stay at home Mom to my 2 year old son, I do crafts for my sanity lol.  I love crafting bows!  You can check them out on my facebook page, I have several styles for fantastic prices! Click on the words Creations by Shelli to see all the fantastic products I make.  This little ballet clip is only $.50!!

   
Supplies Used:
  • Digi- Michelle in Her Ballet Recital-by Milk Coffee
  • Papers- Solids: Recollections, Pattern: Paper Studios, Black and white Plaid
  • Ribbon- Bows (handmade by me) from offray ribbon
  • Jewels- Black:from stash, Clear:Hot Fix, Blue Stars-From Stash
Challenges I would like to enter:

*Be sure to check out Stamp, Scrap an Doodle for all the Great Design Team Inspirations!!*

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I am sure she is going to love this card. The colors are wonderful and the bows are beautiful. TFS

    Just A Pac Rat
    http://www.circlebenterprises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete