Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Stamp, Scrap and Doodle Saturdays Challenge- Birthday

It's Time for another Challenge at Stamp, Scrap and Doodle Saturdays
 This week's challenge is "Birthday." 
Our Challenge Sponsor is Robins Fetish

The Story:
  This week I simply wanted to make a few birthday cards.  I had my Aunt and Grandmother in mind when I was making this card.  I believe they will love this cute little birdie image from Robyn's Fetish.
 
 
Project How To's:
Sentiments- I punched out 4 1" circles from a bright pink scrap paper.  After cutting out my sentiment I realized it was just too plain! (see picture below).  I have really loved lately to use my colored pencils and blending technique to give an "inked" look. After I did one circle this way I loved it!  I decided to bring the sentiment front and center by inking the edges of the rectangles.  I think they turned out fantastic.  It is Amazing what a few more minutes can do to your projects. 
 
Digi- The Birdie Digi is from Robyn's Fetish (super cute digis!) I added a darker shade of pink around the center of the flowers to give them a little pop!  As usual in my pictures you can not tell but I added glitter to the flower centers and on the darker blues of the Birdie's feathers.
 
   
Supplies Used:
  • Digi-Robyn's Fetish
  • Papers-All was from my Stash and Scraps
  • Ribbon- Bow (handmade by me) from offray ribbon
  • Jewels- Topaz Hot fix
Challenges I would like to enter:
  • Sadly No challenges this week.  I just didn't have much time to search :(

*Be sure to check out Stamp, Scrap an Doodle for all the Great Design Team Inspirations!!*

No comments:

Post a Comment