Saturday, August 7, 2010

I Can't Believe You Used That Challenge

While cruising around the web for some layout ideas I came across a post from a blogger wanting ideas for using items not normally used in scrapbooking. I thought this sounded like so much fun. I found several things I want to use and decided I would like to host a challenge.

My challenge for you is to make a layout or card using items not normally used in scrapbooking. Each Month I will have a twist, this twist will be a place in the house, and maybe even outside to find an item to use on your creation.

A few item ideas:
Shells
Sand
Labels
Pressed flowers (be sure they are fully dried, I made this mistake)
Napkins from parties
Keys (this would be super cute for a new house or new driver)
The list goes on and on!!

If you would like to take a look the inspirational blog click on the link below:


Unusual Scrapbook Embellishments from Around the House
Pull out your imagination and see what one of a kind scrapping creations you can create to make your scrapbook layouts the most unique and talked about layouts in town
Read More


August Twist: Kitchen

Here is my example:



I made my husbands anniversary card using a rice crispy treat wrapper. In the inside I wrote- It has been a real "treat" being married to you for these 6 amazing years. Here's to many more "treats"

I can't wait to see what we all come up with, Happy Scrapping!!

1 comment: